How Dr. Baummann Cosmetics can change the look of your skin by harnessing the power of nature.
BY TONI-MARIE IPPOLITO
There are many skin care brands that claim to be “all-natural”, “organic” and “anti-aging.” It can be difficult to determine which brands are authentic in their claims, which is why we’ve become such big fans of Dr. Baummann Cosmetics.
The brainchild of German doctors, Dr. Ernst W. Henrich (a naturopath) and Dr. Thomas Baummann (a cosmetic chemist and dermatologist), Dr. Baumann Cosmetics was created to fill a need that seemed to be missing from the market: skincare free of chemicals and unnatural substances that are harmful to the skin.
Horrified by the poor results he was seeing in the condition of women’s skin in their 20s, Dr. Baummann, along with Dr. Henrich, spent 22 years sourcing ingredients that would perfectly match the skin. Once this was achieved, the philosophy behind Dr. Baummann Cosmetics became clear: anything not a natural part of the skin must be avoided. To put it simply, if you were going to receive a kidney transplant, a doctor wouldn’t use another organ to replace it, because the body would instantly reject it.
To maintain this level of quality, Dr. Baummann Cosmetics follows a strict mandate for all products to meet the requirements under its Bionome standard. “Bionome is actually defined in a German dictionary as heart of life…the science and the laws of life,” says Ron Franks, president of Dr. Baummann Cosmetics Canada. “For us, it means a product is free of all mineral oils, oxygen, fragrance, colourants, chemical sunscreens, and free of chemical preservatives such as parabens. It is therefore skin-friendly and animal-friendly.”
This philosophy is applied to all three of the lines, which include Dr. Baummann (the most popular line), SkinIDent (a more exclusive line) and BeauCaire (a smaller, organic line geared to the younger market). All three lines (which extend to body washes, shampoo and makeup) use different ingredients and natural oils, like coconut, macadamia or jojoba, and they all include a star ingredient: liposomes. According to Franks, liposomes contain the same composition as human skin cells and act as “transporters”, carrying ingredients deep beneath the skin’s layers in order to treat it from the lowest level, where new skin is produced. “Liposomes take the good ingredients, like vitamins, down to the lower layers of the skin,” Franks explains. “When you treat the skin, you really want to treat it from the lowest level, from the dermis, where it’s actually produced so that your skin keeps producing new healthy skin and it moves up through the layers, eventually exfoliating off your skin.”
“STRANGERS HAVE STOPPED ME IN THE STREET AND GROCERY STORE TO ASK ME WHAT I USE ON MY SKIN.” - Andra Campitelli, ND, JP Campitelli Health Centre, Toronto
According to Franks, with regular use, all of the products under the Dr. Baummann Cosmetics umbrella are guaranteed to improve the health of your skin within three to five weeks. “After the first week of using Dr. Baummann, my skin was glowing, not over-hydrated, and healthy,” says Andra Campitelli, ND, a naturopathic doctor from the JC Campitelli Health Centre in Toronto. “Strangers have stopped me in the street and the grocery store to ask me what I use on my skin. I recommend Dr. Baummann exclusively in my practice, and to my family, because there really just isn’t another effective, natural product that can give the same results.”
“We’re here to make a difference,” says Franks. “Ten years ago you wouldn’t find an organic section in the supermarket. Today you don’t find a supermarket without one. The same sort of thing is starting to happen in the cosmetic industry. And people are going to be thinking, ‘hang on, what’s in here? Is this healthy? Is it safe?’”
HERE ARE SOME OF THE STARS OF THE DR. BAUMMANN FLAGSHIP LINE.
1. Cleansing Milk A mild emulsion free of mineral oil, which gently cleanses without drying.
2. Sensitive cream A nourishing cream for sensitive skin.
3. Liposome MultiActive E & C Containing high concentrations of vitamins E + C, it protects the skin from environmental stressors.
4. Solarium Liposome The skin is protected and nourished, and nutrients are delivered to the skin by the liposomes.
5. Aloe Vera Mask This gel based mask has cooling, calming ingredients.
Published by: Ron on November 23rd, 2011 | Filed under Uncategorized
Comment now »
The Pink Ribbon has become the international symbol for breast cancer awareness. It has helped to raise consumer consciousness about the issues of breast Cancer all over the world and to send a pink message of hope and support to cancer sufferers and survivors. It is also a reminder for the world to keep working on a cure for this devastating disease. Breast Cancer affects not only the women who have it, but their families as well.
Dr Baumann cosmetics have been carrying the flag for safe skincare and healthy living for over 20 years in Europe, and over the past two years in North America educating women about the need for safe, healthy skincare and recommending that women and their families actively avoid cosmetic ingredients that may cause breast cancer, other forms of cancer or sin diseases.
Many women pay little attention to the connection between skincare and breast cancer or the general hormonal disturbances that can result from certain ingredients present in ones beauty products. We believe that education is everything and strive to inform our customers and the consumers at large about what they should be looking out for to ensure that they and their families keep skin safe.
- Chemicals from deodorants and other cosmetics can build up in the body. British researchers amongst others have found traces of chemicals called parabens in tissue taken from women with breast cancer. Writing in the the Journal of Applied Toxicology they say that they found traces of parabens in every sample.
- Their tests suggested that chemicals had seeped into the tissue after having been applied to the skin – Dr Phillipa Darbre says that this demonstrates that if people are exposed to these chemicals, then the chemicals will accumulate in their bodies. As a result of this research and other scientists worldwide have called for the use of Parabens in cosmetic products to be re- considered.
- Dr Darbre further said that there may be good reason for people to be concerned about the findings “Their detection in human breast tumors is of concern since parabens have been shown to be able to mimic the action of the female hormone oestrogen, “ she said. “Oestrogen can drive the growth of human breast tumors. It would therefore seem especially prudent to consider whether parabens should continue to be used in such a wide range of cosmetics applied to the breast area including deodorants.”
- The toxicity problems with parabens have been known for some time as can be easily seen from this transcript from http://website.lineone.net/~mwarhurst/parabens.html. If you would like more in depth factual information on the toxic effects of many common chemicals this is a very good site to visit.
- In late 1998 John Sumpter’s group at Brunel University, UK, published a paper identifying parabens as oestrogen mimics (Routledge et al., 1998).
- The authors’ state: “Given their use in a wide range of commercially available topical preparations, it is suggested that the safety in use of these chemicals should be reassessed, with particular attention being paid to estimation of the actual levels of systemic exposure of humans exposed to these chemicals.
- The acquisition of such data is a prerequisite to the derivation of reliable estimates of the possible human risk of exposure to parabens.”
What should we avoid?
Well, for a start, all products that contain chemical preservatives such as parabens.
What are Parabens?
- Parabens are a group of compounds widely used as anti-microbial preservatives in food, pharmaceuticals and cosmetic products, including underarm deodorants.
- Parabens are absorbed through intact skin and from the gastrointestinal tract and blood. Measurable concentrations of six different parabens have been identified in biopsy samples from breast tumours.
- The particular parabens were found in relative concentrations that closely parallel their use in the synthesis of cosmetic products. Parabens have also been found in almost all urine samples examined State of the Evidence 2008. The presence of the parabens can cause an imbalance of the Endocrine system.
What can you do?
As one does not necessarily have the time to rush around checking every cream, cleanser and shampoo, take a short cut and head directly to the no risk zone. Choose Dr Baumann Bionome Products for you and your family, because all Bionome Products are:
Free of Chemical Preservatives (including Parabens)
Free of Mineral oils
Free of Colorants
Free of Fragrance
Free of Chemical Sunscreens
Free of Oxygen
Free of animal derivatives
And you can start your whole family on safe skincare – baby too!
Please go for a screening mammography and clinical breast examination, and for women 29 years of age and younger, a breast self examination.
APPLICATION TIPS: You are Gorgeous, Lovely and Beautiful!
- Do yourself, and your health a favor by choosing cosmetics free of harmful ingredients. Keep your body healthy, inside and out, to prevent toxic build-up which may lead to cancer or other diseases.
- The Sensitive for Normal and Dry Skin contains skin compatible ingredients to nourish, and treat the facial skin without harmful chemicals. See your skin transform, using this skin friendly product! Apply, morning and evening, onto the face, neck and decollete that has been cleansed with a suitable Dr Baumann Cleanser.
- Be kind to your hands, or they will reveal your real age! Apply the Dr Baumann Hand Cream regularly onto clean hands. No sticky feel or residue, just healthy nourished skin!
- Prevention is better than cure! Use the Dr Baumann Deo Mild with Manuka, Tea Tree and Lavender as a Deodorant every day and prevent the possibility of toxic build-up which may lead to breast cancer!
All of Dr. Baumann products can be purchased directly from one of our Retail Outlets. Click here to find an outlet near you!
Published by: Ron on November 1st, 2011 | Filed under Anti-Aging Skincare, General Health, Healthy Skincare
Comment now »