An entrepreneur is someone who conceives business visions and turns them into business realities. Entrepreneurs base their achievements on the strength of their vision. George Gilder suggests that entrepreneurs prevail:
Not by understanding an existing situation in all its complexity, but by creating a new situation which others must try to understand. Entrepreneurs inhabit a world where the last become first, where supply creates demand, where belief precedes knowledge.
The particular characteristics of successful entrepreneurs are that they:
- Are action orientated, they “do it, fix it, try it”
- Have the ability to visualize the steps from idea to actualization
- Are prepared to break the mold
- Are both thinkers and doers, planners and workers
- Get involved – they adopt a hands on approach
- Can tolerate ambiguity
- Accept risk but understand and manage it.
- Overcome, rather than avoid mistakes
- See themselves responsible for their own destiny
- Believe in creating markets for their ideas, not just responding to existing market demands
The recipe for success as an entrepreneur is:
1. Choose a good idea
2. Produce a business plan which:
- evaluates your idea
- states where you want to go and how you are going to get there
- defines the resources required
- sets out the costs and benefits
3. Get other people involved
4. Find a sponsor
5. Build a team to develop the idea.
Even though you think you are an entrepreneur or if you are one, just remember that there is no luck in achieving success, you make your own luck. Turning visions into realities is more about hard work that good luck.
Published by: Ron on March 27th, 2012 | Filed under Business
Comment now »
By Jillian Wood (Reposted from Elevate Magazine – Digital Edition)
Calling all beauty professionals! Learn about the products you’re offering your clients and increase your business with Dr. Baumann Cosmetics.
Ever wonder what all the ingredients are in the beauty products you’re using on your clients? Attend a Dr. Baumann Skinology Seminar and you’ll never have to wonder again. You’ll learn what products to avoid and how to offer your clients more natural, healthy skincare options. The next Skinology full-day seminar will be April 1, 2012 at the Marriott Hotel in Toronto. The cost is $75.
The products you use won’t matter if you don’t have a successful spa or salon. That’s why Dr. Baumann Cosmetics is also putting on a Success Principals Seminar, so that you can learn the best strategies for increasing your business. This seminar will take place at the Marriott Hotel in Toronto on April 2, 2012, and costs $75. If you want to take the Skinology Seminar as well, the price for both is only $100 (plus you’ll receive a free ingredient dictionary valued at $50!). Register today at Dr-Baumann.ca!
If you won’t be able to make it to the seminars, don’t worry: You can learn more about Dr. Baumann’s all-natural cosmetics at the Esthetique SPA International Trade Show (Booth #1611) from April 29-30, 2012, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Learn more about the show here.
Published by: Ron on March 2nd, 2012 | Filed under Uncategorized
Comment now »